Our overviews of a selection of online and brick-and-mortar jewelers…
- Tiffany – Tradition, Quality, Timeless
- Blue Nile – The Largest Online Jeweler
- James Allen – Second Largest Online Jeweler
- Whiteflash – High-end boutique jeweler offers quality diamonds and designer settings.
- Brian Gavin Diamonds – Precision cut diamonds
- Adiamor – Online Jeweler, large selection competitive prices.
- Zales – Largest retail jeweler in North America.
- Jared – Higher-end brick and mortar retailer
Jewelers – At a glance comparison chart
|Jeweler||Rating||Showroom||Inventory||Benchmark Price||Diamond photos|
|Blue Nile||Value||Online only||222,000||$5400||no|
|James Allen||Value||Online only||44,000||$6200||yes|
|Brian Gavin Diamonds||Luxury||Online only||250||$7800||yes|
- Rating: Luxury: very high quality diamonds and settings. Value: good quality, competitive pricing. Pricey: expensive, but with convenient brick and mortar retail stores.
- Showroom: number of brick and mortar showrooms, if any
- Inventory: average number of round cut diamonds. (Whiteflash and Brian Gavin numbers are for in-house only)
- Benchmark Price: average price of a round cut 1.01 Carat H VS2 Excellent cut diamond (note: Tiffany Price includes solitaire setting. Whiteflash and Brian Gavin prices are for super ideal cut)
- Diamond photos: actual photos of each individual diamond. James Allen and Jared include 360° videos. James Allen, Whiteflash and Brian Gavin include ASET images.