Our overview of popular online and brick-and-mortar jewelers…
- Tiffany – Tradition, Quality, Timeless
- Blue Nile – The Largest Online Jeweler
- James Allen – Second Largest Online Jeweler
- Whiteflash – High-end boutique jeweler offers quality diamonds and designer settings.
- Brian Gavin Diamonds – Precision cut diamonds
- Ritani – High-end jeweler. Craftsmanship, and exceptional diamond sparkle.
- Brilliant Earth – Environmentally friendly. Ethically sourced jewelry.
- Adiamor – Online Jeweler, large selection competitive prices.
- Zales – Largest retail jeweler in North America.
- Jared – Higher-end brick and mortar retailer
- Kay Jewelers – Second largest retail jeweler in North America.
Jewelers – At a glance comparison chart
|Jeweler||Rating||Showroom||Inventory||Benchmark Price||Diamond photos|
|Blue Nile||Value||Online only||222,000||$5400||no|
|James Allen||Value||Online only||44,000||$6200||yes|
|Brian Gavin Diamonds||Luxury||Online only||250||$7800||yes|
- Rating: Luxury: very high quality diamonds and settings. Value: good quality, competitive pricing. Pricey: expensive, but with convenient brick and mortar retail stores. Eco: Ecologically/environmentally friendly. Ethically sourced diamonds, such as Canadian diamonds.
- Showroom: number of brick and mortar showrooms, if any. (Clicks-and-Bricks: design your ring online and then view it at a participating local jewelry store before purchasing it.)
- Inventory: average number of round cut diamonds. (Whiteflash, Brian Gavin and Ritani numbers are for in-house only. Brilliant Earth are for Canadian diamonds.)
- Benchmark Price: average price of a round cut 1.01 Carat H VS2 Excellent cut diamond (note: Tiffany Price includes solitaire setting. Whiteflash, Brian Gavin and Ritani prices are for super ideal/reserve ideal cut)
- Diamond photos: actual photos of each individual diamond. James Allen, Jared and Ritani include 360° videos. James Allen, Whiteflash and Brian Gavin include ASET images. Ritani includes AGS Scintillation images.