Blue Nile – Jeweler Review
Founded in 1999, Blue Nile is the largest online jeweler. Working with diamond suppliers from across the globe, Blue Nile has a very large inventory of diamonds to select from.
In addition to a large supply of diamonds, Blue Nile has a nice selection of engagement ring settings, including the popular halo, vintage and solitaire styles. Below are two favorite engagement ring designs.
Classic Six-Prong Solitaire Engagement Ring
Petite Pave Diamond Engagement Ring
Each ring setting lists which diamond shape and which carat sizes are appropriate for the setting. And which wedding bands can be paired with the engagement ring setting.
Thanks to their large diamond inventory, Blue Nile is able to provide very competitive pricing. However, one problem with the large diamond inventory is that it is not possible to view each diamond individually (Like you can with James Allen). Without being able to view the diamond it is best to choose a diamond with a VS2 (or higher) clarity rating in order to better guarantee receiving an “eye-clean” diamond.
About Blue Nile
- Round Cut Inventory: around 222,000 total diamonds
- Round Cut Benchmark: 1.01 Carat H VS2 Excellent cut: around $5400
- Shipping: Free FedEx shipping, fully insured. Free Return Shipping.
- Return Policy: 30-day for an exchange or full refund.
- Warranty: Lifetime Warranty to protect against manufacturer defects in craftsmanship.
- Upgrade Policy: Lifetime diamond upgrade
- Certificates: GIA, AGS
- Financing Options: Available.
- Payment Options: Wire transfer, major credit cards, Paypal, or Blue Nile Credit Card.
- Jewelry Insurance: Available.
- Conflict free: yes. Also see their special Canadian Diamonds listing
- Ring Re-Sizing: Available.